This Cranberry Orange Relish is a holiday favorite. It’s the perfect combination of tart and sweet.
It uses only 4 ingredients and can be made in under 10 minutes. No cooking required! You do need a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix, or food processor, though. I like to make this relish a day ahead and let the flavors deepen in the refrigerator overnight.
You’ll need fresh cranberries, 2-3 large organic oranges, about 1/2 cup orange juice and a little maple syrup or organic sugar, if you prefer. Rinse the cranberries well and let them drain and dry. Wash the oranges well, too. I like to leave the orange rind on, so just cut each orange into quarters. Remove any seeds that you see.
Using your blender or food processor, add the orange sections and just a splash of the orange juice and blend for a few seconds. You don’t want the oranges totally pulverized. Add half of the cranberries and blend again, adding another splash of orange juice. Scrape down sides of blender, as needed and/or use the tamper if using a Vitamix. Add the remaining cranberries and blend, adding orange juice as needed. I like to leave the relish a little chunky, if possible.
Pour relish into a bowl and sweeten with maple syrup (or organic sugar) and stir well. Taste as you go. You can always add more sweetener if you desire. I like this relish on the tart side, so I tend to hold back on the sweetener. If you make it ahead and refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight, the flavors will develop. Taste again before serving to see if you need to adjust the sweetness. Enjoy!
This post contains links to affiliate sites. I only link to products that I use and enjoy, and that link may be an affiliate link. This means that I make a small percentage when you click and shop. Your cost is the same.
- 2 12 oz. packages of fresh cranberries, rinsed, drained, and dried.
- 2 - 3 large organic oranges, washed and quartered with rinds intact.
- ½ cup organic orange juice
- ¼ cup of maple syrup or organic sugar
- Rinse, drain and dry cranberries. Set aside.
- Wash oranges, cut into quarters, leaving rinds intact. Remove any visible seeds.
- Add oranges to high-powered blender or food processor, add a splash of the orange juice and blend into large chunks.
- Add half of the fresh cranberries to the blender, add another splash of orange juice, and blend again. Scrape sides of blender, or use blender tamper if needed.
- Add remaining cranberries and orange juice and blend until combined. Leave chunky, if desired.
- Pour relish into bowl and add maple syrup or sugar. Stir well and taste. Add more sweetener if desired.
- NOTE: can make ahead and refrigerate overnight. Flavors will deepen. Taste before serving and readjust sweetness if desired.