This quick and flavorful one pot Dutch Oven Pork Tenderloin And Sweet Potato Stew is super easy to put together on a busy weeknight. My dutch oven does all the work to keep the pork tender while perfectly cooking the spicy veggies for a delicious melt-in-your-mouth hearty stew.
NOTE: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Who doesn’t love a hearty stew that tastes like its been simmering for hours, loaded with all that flavorful goodness? Well, here’s a one-pot meal that can be made in under 30 minutes! This Dutch Oven Pork Tenderloin And Sweet Potato Stew is ridiculously easy. Guaranteed to become a family favorite!
Here’s how it comes together:
(Full, detailed directions are down below in the recipe card. Here’s the brief summary.)
Grab a heavy pot, like this dutch oven workhorse (I have this brand) that helps everything cook evenly and quickly. Heat the olive oil and add your onion, celery, and garlic, cook until veggies start to soften.
Add the sweet potato chunks and pork tenderloin cubes and cook for a few minutes, until pork begins to brown just a bit. Add black beans, tomatoes, stock, spices and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until sweet potato chunks are tender.
Voila! Your delicious and spicy stew is ready! Hint: Make a double batch of this stew and refrigerate some for the next day or so. It always tastes even more delightful the next day!
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. chili powder
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add red onion, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat begins to brown, around 2-3 minutes.
- Add black beans and spices and stir to combine. Cook for another 30 seconds, or just until the spices become fragrant. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock and increase heat to high. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until pork is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Stir in 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Top with remaining fresh parsley for garnish and serve immediately. Enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE!