This easy Sheet Pan Herb-Roasted Chicken with Red Potatoes will become a family favorite. This dinner can be prepped and in the oven in 10 minutes. Serve up this delicious, juicy chicken and savory potatoes and be prepared for the compliments!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Sheet Pan Herb-Roasted Chicken with Red Potatoes is an amazingly simple and savory dinner. I love sheet pan meals because they are super easy to bake and super easy to clean up! The only work you really have to do is process the ingredients that go on the sheet pan. Here, you’re just cutting up some small potatoes and chopping some onion and garlic and getting a few herbs ready to go. Wash the kale and rough chop it. I always rinse and pat dry the chicken, and I know that’s a highly controversial topic, but that’s what I do. If you don’t, then no worries ~ you’ve managed to skip a step and save time!
For best results, I suggest using a larger three-quarter size sheet pan like this one instead of a standard 13” x 18” half sheet pan for this recipe. This will allow the vegetables enough room to be spread into a single layer without overcrowding, while keeping all ingredients on one single pan. Make sure you use a non-stick liner like this one for super easy cleanup!
Keeping all ingredients on a single sheet pan is important in this case because the juice from the chicken and lemon wedges will mingle with the fresh herbs to infuse the potatoes, onion, and kale with incredible flavor while cooking, and you totally want that. After all, you spent all of 10 minutes prepping the food to go on the sheet pan, so make sure you enjoy those delicious flavors and aromas!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash With Eggs
Dutch Oven Balsamic Chicken With Vegetables
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 1½ lbs. red potatoes, cleaned and cut in half
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 6-8 whole garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh rosemary, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 10-12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 c. fresh kale, washed, tough stems removed, and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, red onions, minced garlic, olive oil, and fresh rosemary. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and arrange the veggies on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and coat with any remaining rosemary and olive oil mixture. Season the chicken with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and nestle in between the veggies along with the lemon wedges and sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the veggies develop nice color and the chicken is nearly done. Remove baking sheet from the oven and stir in the fresh kale.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven and roast for another 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked* and the kale is wilted. Remove from oven and transfer chicken and potatoes to a serving platter and loosely cover with foil. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE!