These Healthy Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps come together quickly thanks to rotisserie shredded chicken. With minimal time at the stove, you can prepare a tasty meal in under 30 minutes.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
These healthy chicken fajita lettuce wraps get a zesty kick from my creamy cilantro avocado jalapeño sauce which can be made the day before and kept in the fridge until you need it. (Caution: this stuff is addictive – might want to make a double batch!)
I’ve also included my homemade fajita seasoning that I like to use. Why not use store-bought? You can, no problem, but I like to personalize my seasoning with the flavors that I would rather have intensified and that I know my family likes. Play around with the amounts to personalize it your own tastes. For example, you may like a heavier amount of chili powder or cayenne pepper, or less. Adjust it according to your tastes and keep a batch on hand for all your Tex-Mex recipes. Store it in an airtight container, or glass jars like these for later use.
Plan ahead with this meal by purchasing a rotisserie chicken or two and pre-shredding it. That will make this recipe go even more quickly on those busy nights when you want to get dinner on the table as quickly as possible.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Creamy Cilantro Avocado Jalapeño Sauce
Easy Homemade Organic Salsa
Quick and Easy Chicken Fiesta Skillet
- Creamy Cilantro Avocado Jalapeño Sauce
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning:
- 3 T. chili powder
- 1½ T. smoked paprika
- 2 t. onion powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 2 t. sea salt
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thin
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 c. rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2-3 T. homemade fajita seasoning
- ¼ c. chicken stock, preferably organic
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, green parts only, sliced
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and separated into individual leaves
- Prepare the fajita seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring until thoroughly blended. Store any excess in an airtight container for later use.
- Prepare the cilantro-lime sauce by thoroughly combining all ingredients in a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, onion, and balsamic vinegar to the skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the onions and peppers are crisp tender.
- Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, fajita seasoning, and chicken stock to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until heated through and excess liquid is gone, approximately 3-4 minutes. Season with additional salt or fajita seasoning, if desired.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the cilantro, green onions, and fresh lime juice. To serve, spoon mixture onto individual Romaine lettuce leaves and top with a drizzle of cilantro-lime sauce. Enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE!