This pasta with cannellini beans and asparagus bowl comes together quickly and with little effort. The most difficult part is boiling the water. I bet you have most of the ingredients in your pantry already.
I used a gluten free penne pasta, but spirals or elbows would be great, too. I opened a jar of my favorite organic pasta sauce, opened a can of organic cannellini beans, raided the freezer for a bag of frozen organic asparagus and used some freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese as a finishing touch.
Seriously. That easy. That fast.
Bonus points if you feel inclined to toast some garlic bread to go with it. 🙂
- 1 box Penna pasta
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 bag frozen asparagus
- Italian seasoning blend
- Garnish: freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Make sure you salt your pasta water for optimal pasta taste.
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, reserving a little pasta water and return both pasta and reserved water to pan.
- Add pasta sauce, cannellini beans and frozen asparagus to pasta. Sitr and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt, and/or Italian seasoning blend.
- Serve with garnish of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.