Have this easy skillet Pork Chops with Maple Balsamic Reduction on the table in under 30 minutes!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
Perfect for a weeknight meal, this simple skillet dinner of Pork Chops with Maple Balsamic Reduction will quickly become a family favorite.
I like to make this in a cast-iron skillet, like this one:
A heavy duty stainless steel skillet will work just fine, too.
Reduction is just a fancy way of saying “glaze.” Okay, it’s more than that, but it is a concentrated sauce of ingredients, in this case, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar, that is cooked down (reduced) to a thick sauce or glaze. The reduction adds depth of flavor which is exactly what you want when pairing with pork chops, which on their own can be a bit…bland. Not so with this reduction; try it yourself – it’s so easy!
I like to serve these chops with a side of yummy garlic mashed potatoes and these easy Brussels Sprouts.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
Dutch Oven Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 4-oz. boneless pork chops Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- 2½ T. real maple syrup
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops on each side with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the pre-heated skillet. Brown pork chops on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish.
- Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to hot skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture until it is reduced to about ⅓ of its original volume. When ready, the glaze will become thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or the mixture will become hard and sticky).
- Return the pork chops to the skillet along with the juices that collected on the plate. Stir liquid to blend juices into the syrup and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter or individual serving plate and drizzle with pan sauce. Serve immediately.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE!